>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

December 23, 2010

Oreo Truffles

My friend shared this yummy recipe with me. It's another quick and easy one, so if you don't have a lot of time, this might be a good one for you. Sorry for the instructions but this is what I did and it worked for me.

1 package Oreo cookies
1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips

I placed the Oreo cookies in a large freezer bag and then went to town with my rolling pin, crushing and rolling those Oreos into a fine crumbly mess.   I then dumped the crushed up cookies into a mixing bowl, added the softened cream cheese and mixed it all together until it looked like a big bowl of mud. Yummy, right? I then rolled the mixture into about one inch balls. I placed them on a cookie sheet and refrigerated the balls for about an hour or so, pretty much until they weren't sticky to touch. It was suggested that I place a toothpick in each one before they hardened to make it easier to dip them in the white chocolate but I just didn't have a lot of luck with that method. Here's how mine looked before they went dipping!  Not my prettiest or most perfectly rolled balls but they get covered in chocolate, so who's gonna see them?   If you will be eating these at my house this weekend, just ignore this picture.  Ahem....so anyways, back to the recipe.



Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave until it's nice and smooth and perfect for dipping in. Cover your tray with wax paper, less mess to clean up off the tray. I dropped the yummy balls of Oreo goodness into the bowl of white chocolate, swirled it around until it was covered and then just dug it right out with a spoon and placed it on the wax paper to harden. I then set the tray of Oreo truffles in the refrigerator for an hour to make sure they set. Transfer the Oreo truffles into a covered container and keep refrigerated.

Here they are, in all their glory, ready to be eaten! 



You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips or maybe mix half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate chips for dipping instead of the white. Another idea is to save some of the Oreo you crushed and sprinkle the crumbs on top right after you dip it. I'm sure you could also use candy cane crushed up. You could also drizzle some of the extra dipping mixture on top and make a pretty design.  However you decide to dip them and decorate them, I'm sure they will be gone in no time, these are really  yummy!!!!


3 comments:

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!