>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

December 21, 2010

New Recipe: Yummy Bars

If you're looking for something fast, easy and yummy then this recipe is for you! My mom made these bars and I remember them being a special treat just at Christmas time. They are so easy to put together, definitely a recipe the kids can help with and usually most ingredients you already have on hand. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to let them chill in the fridge!

Ingredients:
16oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
12oz butterscotch chips
1 c. smooth peanut butter
3 c. miniature marshmallows (you can use the colored ones to change it up a bit too.)
1 c. peanuts

Melt together in the microwave the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. (I melted this together on the stove top and it didn't turn out well so use the microwave, trust me on this!) Mix in the marshmallows and peanuts. Pour into a buttered 9x13 pan and let set in the fridge.
See, wasn't that easy!!!

This is what it will look like about part way through melting it.


After adding in the marshmallows and peanuts this is what it will look like in the pan.
And this is what it should NOT look like!  This is the one I did on the stove, still tastes good but doesn't look quite as appealing!



I cut this corner piece out for blogging purposes and promptly put it back in the pan!  Ok, I ate it.




1 comment:

  1. These look soo yummy, thanks for posting the recipe, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!