>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

December 11, 2010

Spritz Cookie Recipe

This is a recipe that my grandma used and I made these cookies with my mom when I was a little girl. Now I make them with my girls. Every year I forget with the first batch to put sprinkles on the cookies BEFORE they get baked. I haven't made these yet this year but will be making them later today. Here is the recipe and before I forget, you need a cookie gun for this recipe!   You can use whatever shapes you like but I always use the tree, a wreath and some other weird design.  You can buy a cookie gun at Target and other retailers and they are usually under $20.  Here is one that target has, Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra II.  Now, onto the recipe!


1 c. Oleo (does anyone use that anymore?) I just use butter instead.
1 1/4 c. Powdered Sugar
Cream these together and then blend in 1 Egg and 1 tsp. Vanilla.
Gradually add 2 1/2 c. Flour and 1/2 tsp. Salt. Mix well and then put in your cookie press. Press onto ungreased cookie sheets, add sprinkles and bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. This is what they look like prior to baking, the spinkles make a nice mess on the sheet.




Here are some pictures of the finished cookie, I could really use a nice camera so my cookies don't look so white!






Enjoy!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I used to make a Spritz cookie recipe that I was thinking maybe called for green food coloring. It was years ago,around 1988 or so, so I really don't remember. It was in Southern Living, and I lost the recipe and have been looking all over for it. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!