>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

March 24, 2010

Italian Bow Tie Pasta

My friend e-mailed this recipe to me and I tried it the other night and we LOVED it!

INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg. (16 oz) bow tie pasta
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
½ C. chopped onion
1 ½ tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (careful-doesn’t seem like a lot-but adds quite a kick!)
2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 ½ C. heavy whipping cream
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. dried basil
Shredded Parmesan cheese


Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, cook the sausage, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over med. Heat for 4-5 mins. or until meat is no longer pink. Drain.



Stir in the tomatoes, heavy whipping cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over med. heat. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 6-8 mins. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.  In the meantime, cook your pasta.  I like to cook mine al dente. 



Drain pasta.



Toss with sausage mixture and garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese.



Serve and Enjoy!!!!


This would be a great recipe for Valentines Day Dinner!


I'm linking up here:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!