>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

September 20, 2010

Slow Cooker Mondays

Here at our crazy house Mondays are a bit more hectic than any other day of the week. All 3 girls have dance or gymnastics at the same time on Monday nights. I actually like it this way, it's one night of craziness and then we're done for the rest of the week. We need to eat dinner a bit earlier than normal to get out the door on time so I've decided that Mondays are my slow cooker/crock pot days.  Mondays are always a hard day and I feel like you are catching up from the weekend and doing  a lot of cleaning.
Today I'm featuring a new recipe I tried last week, it wasn't on the meal plan but our dinner plans fell through so I needed another meal anyways. I was craving something with pineapple and came across this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/hawaiian-ribs-86057.   I put them in the slow cooker frozen at about 8am and the ribs were falling off the bone by 4pm.  It was pretty yummy, I served it over white rice. Next time I might try this recipe instead: Hawaiian ribs slow cooker recipe.

If you are dusting off your slow cooker, or don't use it very often because you don't know what to make in it, check out this awesome blog:  http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ She used her slow cooker for an entire year, even making breakfast and desserts in it! There are tons of great recipes on her blog and her recipes are gluten free.   Next Monday I'll feature another slow cooker recipe and we'll have a link party so you can post your favorite recipe here too!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ange,
    I wanted to thank you for your kind words and shout out. I had such a fun time with this project and am thrilled to be of any help to you and your family in the kitchen. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!