>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

September 27, 2010

A time of refreshing

I love my life and I am so thankful that Mr.A has a great job that allows me to stay home. I am pretty content to do my housework, run errands and cook dinner for everyone. Somedays though the laundry, cleaning and just the routine of it all makes you feel a little blah, maybe a bit unimportant. Really I don't have to dress up to go to work, I can stay in my pajamas if I want. No one gives me a at on the back for folding the sheets just right, I don't get a yearly review from my boss telling me what a great job I'm doing. I don't get a raise. I'm not complaining, really I'm not, just stating that sometimes staying at home leaves you wondering who you really are or if what you are doing is really that important. You see yourself as the "mom" and not really all the other things you are, like a girl who has friends, wears cute clothes and has a life outside of laundry and dishes. This past weekend I was blessed with a chance to get away to Minneapolis and spend time with some great friends. Not only did I get away for 2 whole days, I was able to go shopping for me, not the kids, not Mr.A, not the house, ME! I didn't buy anyone anything, I had some shirts in my cart at TJMaxx for the girls but I put them back and spent that $30 on a fabulous coat for myself.
Thursday night before I left, I really wasn't that excited to leave. Not sure what I was thinking, must've been one of those nights where you are really tired and not thinking clearly. I really didn't want to leave my family. I left on Friday and I'm so glad I did. I hopped in that van and away we went, 3 hours in a vehicle of talking, laughing and just being girls!
We arrived at the hotel and met our last compadre for the weekend. We enjoyed a great word and teaching from Priscilla Shirer .   It was just what I needed, thank you Sparkle Conference!  The rest of the weekend was just evenings of eating out without having to cut up children's food, eating warm food, eating at restaurants that were not kid friendly, enjoying conversation and not having to take someone to the potty every five minutes   Shopping for myself, only me, just me, did I  mention me yet?    Going into stores that I liked and that didn't carry children's clothes, trying on 40 shirts and not having to leave because kids are crying and tired..  Having laughs with friends, staying up late and talking, feeling like you were 17 again and didn't have to wake up early to get everyone ready for the day, make other people breakfast, pack backpacks and  find missing shoes. 
I can honestly say I didn't miss my family a whole lot and that's ok.  I was able to get away, relax, enjoy my time and come home REFRESHED!  I was glad to be home, glad to see my children and husband, glad to be back HOME.   I was living in  the moment this weekend and I haven't done that for a long time.  I was able to spend some time doing the things I liked and I wanted to do.  I think everyone could use that from time to time.  I know Mr.A was glad to have me home but he was also glad to send me off this weekend to just be me, Ange.  I don't want you to think I don't love being a mom and a wife, I do but I also don't want to lose myself and be only a mom and a wife.  I haven't been away like this for 2 years and the last time I went, I was 11 weeks pregnant.  Not a great time, even my friends would agree with me!   So ladies, make sure you take time to refresh your spirit and yourself.  Not everyone can go away for a weekend but even a night out, or day out, just some you time, it makes us all better moms, wives, friends and women. 

REFRESH:
1. To revive with or as if with rest, food, or drink; give new vigor or spirit to.
2. To give new freshness or brightness to; restore.
3. To make cool, clean, or moist; freshen up.
4. To renew by stimulation
5. To fill up again; replenish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!