>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

February 25, 2011

The Best Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Here is my favorite, easy as pie or in this case cake, banana cake recipe!  Also, this cake is not a light cake, it has cream cheese, butter and sour cream in it!  Although it does have fruit in it.  That counts, right? 

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
2 to 3 medium ripe or overly ripe bananas
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 c to 1 c sour cream

Make the cake according to the box directions. Smash, mush and pretty much annihilate the bananas, then add them to the cake mix. Add 1 tsp. baking soda and sour cream, mix into batter. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cake is done in the middle.
I usually end up putting my cake in the freezer for a while to cool down and it helps when you put the frosting on so you don't get crumbs in the frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese softened
1/2 c Butter softened
2 c Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Mix all ingredients in a bowl on medium speed. You can add more or less powdered sugar depending on how sweet you want the frosting to taste.
Frost your cake and then refrigerate for a while before serving.

Keep cake refrigerated. Enjoy!



I'm linking up here:




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make these this week. I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday post this week.

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/03/must-try-tuesday-march-1-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm baking this right now and I'm excited to see how it turns out!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!