>

Prepare to be redirected to thebloominghydrangea.com!

This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to my new location at thebloominghydrangea.com!

February 24, 2011

Painting the Fireplace

When we first moved into this house I was very excited to have a fireplace, my first ever home with a fireplace! I had visions of her in white and not a flesh colored piece of beigeness in my living room.  (What a scary dark dungeon of a room this was!) 


So I set out to paint her white. Well soon the kitchen project was taking up all my time and I never really got back to the fireplace. This is what she looked like just recently:




And finally a few weeks ago, I got around to painting the brown brick with primer:


Next up I want to paint the sassy brassy right off this little lady. I plan to use Rustoleum High Heat Paint in black. Here are a few blogs that have some pictures and or tutorials on how to paint the brass on a fireplace.

http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2009/11/paint-brass-hardware-on-your-fireplace.html



http://oursuburbancottage.blogspot.com/2010/01/de-brassifying-fireplace-surround.html



http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/01/how-to-paint-a-brick-fireplace/


I also found a few great before and after pictures on BHG. Check out these before and after beauties out!!!







(Honey if you are reading, stop now. )

Some ideas for my fireplace in the future if we tear down the wall with the bookcases some day, I thought maybe we would build bookcases alongside the fireplace instead.
I had to promise Mr.A no more projects for a while, so maybe this will be down the road.  A girl can dream, right? 








Do you have a fireplace?  Have you painted yours or left it as natural stone or brick?  I would love to see them!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. we bought our home gosh bought 28 yrs ago and we had a brick fireplace and built in's on both sides......well i made hubby tear the build in's out put a solid oak mantel in ( wanna talk heavyyyy) then we found a kit to stone our fireplace....anyways what we had is now in fashion....i have been dreading telling hubby i want built in's again...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new white paint on your fireplace looks really great with the lovely blue walls. We have a fieldstone floor to ceiling corner fireplace. Sometimes it overpowers the room, but it's staying- my husband loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange, it looks so good already! Much better in white. I love all of the ideas you have for down the road as well. Mine is brick, but my great room is more a Tuscany style so I'm not sure how white would look BUT sometimes I'm tempted to just completely redo my whole greatroom/kitchen area so I can do more white, I love it so much. Can't wait to see how it looks once you paint the brass.

    Heather @At The Picket Fence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the fireplace! I also looked at your past projects and wow! I will enjoy following and watching your transformations. I will be tackeling my kitchen this spring and I am in love with the lights you put in. Can I ask where you got them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment, I love to hear from you!